Thursday, August 4, 2011

This is a link to an article on Eater.

Let me be clear, Eater is the Jerry Springer equivalent of food sites. However this article is very interesting. It starts off by interviewing some chefs talking about how it is hard to find good help these days. You have to read the comments at the bottom. The discussion quickly dissolves into people arguing about labor laws and work ethic. I am on the fence. I believe a good cook will stay and work as long as it takes to get the job done, but I also think that they should be compensated for it. It also touches on how many kids are flooding the industry with pipe dreams of being the next Emeril, with no work ethic and a $50k debt from culinary school. This is one of the problems I will discuss in the next post.

http://eater.com/archives/2011/07/22/hot-topics-4.php

No comments:

Post a Comment